Building Growth South West: Who are we?
Our mission is to bridge the digital skills gap in the Construction Industry by offering Construction SME’s fully funded digital training across the Devon and Plymouth area.
Unveiling New Opportunities
Funding and Training for SME's
Digital Skills Training
In partnership with
What can Building Growth South West do for me?
What is Building Growth South West?
Building Growth South West was developed to address the digital skills gap in the construction industry.
We have connections to the supply chain, training providers, local authorities across Devon and Plymouth. We’ll provide engagement, skills and training to SME’s across the South West region.
- ‘Improved digital competency within construction qualifications, training landscape and SME employers.
- Improved leadership and management skills within existing construction qualifications, training landscape and SME employers.
- Ongoing networks to improve the support from training providers for SME’s to access funding to make the business case to invest in digital upskilling.
- Resources for improved digital training tailored for all SME’s, particularly within the construction sector across the South West region
- Opportunities for students and learners to secure placements in local SME’s to maximise their digital capabilities and make extensive impact within the organisation.
Who is Building Growth South West for?
Building Growth South West is for Construction SME’s in the Devon and Plymouth area interested in taking part in fully funded digital training.
If you think you fit one of those categories then get in touch. We’re ready to hear from you.
About the Building Growth South West Team
Who’s who in building growth south west
Our team is made up of a wide range of partners so that we can provide the highest quality workshops and events.
The project is led by YTKO Ltd. YTKO specialise in enterprise and employment in the construction sector.
Opportunities are also provided from our network of SMEs, large construction employers across the region, expert training providers and local authorities across the South West of the UK.
Building Growth is funded by the European Social Fund and led by YTKO in partnership with Devon County Council and Cosmic.
“Funding, training, resources, guidance. All available through Building Growth”
Over 50% of all housing built over the next 5 years will be delivered using digital methods of construction but only 17% of the supply chain have any digital capabilities relating to modern methods of construction. It is now at the point where digital competency is undermining innovation, hampering productivity and inhibiting the uptake of training within construction.